Dress Code Requirements
In general, we ask that our students wear something easy to move in, nothing too baggy, no denim and to avoid dresses and/or skirts (without dancewear underneath). Proper shoes are essential and in most cases required for our intermediate and advanced level classes.
Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, and other belongings in a dance bag. Please print your child's name on the bag as well as on all of its contents.
Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
Boys age 10 and older must wear a dance belt
Watches, jewelry, and safety pins should not be worn to class.
Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
Students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face; a neat bun is preferred for all levels of ballet PP-7.
Students are expected to observe good personal hygiene habits. Deodorant is required for students age 10 and older.
Pre-Dance, Ballet/Tap, Combo Classes:
· Boys: Black sweatpants, white T-shirt, black ballet shoes. (Black tap shoes may be required.)
· Girls: Leotards, tights. Ballet specific skirt optional.
Pre-Dance: Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes.
Ballet/Tap I: Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes and black paten leather tap shoes.
Ballet/Tap II: Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes and black paten leather tap shoes.
Kindercombo: Pink canvas ballet shoes, tan jazz shoes (any style) and Black tap shoes
Ballet/Tap Combo (Grades 1-4): TAN canvas ballet shoes, TAN tap shoes
Jazz/Tap Combo: TAN jazz shoes, TAN tap shoes
Jazz (Grades 1-12):
· Boys: Black sweatpants or jazz pants, white T-shirt, black jazz shoes.
· Girls: Leotard or form fitted tank top and leggings, Leotard and tights, Shorts are ok if worn over tights. Please avoid baggy pants or oversized shirts, denim and dresses. Hair up and out of face. Tan jazz shoes unless specified by instructor.
Tap (Grades 1-12):
· Boys & Girls: Anything comfortable to move in. Please avoid denim and dresses. Boys - Black tap shoes. Girls - Grades 1-4 Tan tap shoes. Grades 5 & up Black lace up tap shoes.
Contemporary, Modern & Lyrical
· Boys: Sweatpants or shorts, fitted T-shirt or tank top, no shoes.
· Girls: Leotard or form fitted tank top and leggings, Leotard and tights, Shorts are ok if worn over tights. Please avoid baggy pants or shirts, denim and dresses. Hair up and out of face. No shoes.
Hip-Hop & Street Jazz:
· Boys & Girls: Comfortable clothes (not jeans) and clean black sneakers used only for class. Sneakers for performance may be selected to compliment costume choices.
Ballet Dress Code Requirements
For Class Levels Prima Primary (PP) - Level 7
Musical Theatre/Broadway Workshop:
Something easy to move in and either jazz shoes (any color) and dance sneakers used for only class. No socks or bare feet please. Specific shoes may be chosen for performances.
Boys: Black sweatpants or jazz pants, white T-shirt, black ballet shoes.
Girls: Leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. (Pink pointe shoes may be required.) Hair must be worn in a bun or twist for all levels. No pony tails or messy buns will be allowed. Ballet specific skirt is optional.
Wear the leotard color that coincides with your ballet level.
Prima Primary - Light Pink
Level 1A - White
Level 1B - Lavender
Level 2A - Red
Level 2B - Maroon
Level 3A - Dark Green
Level 3B - Navy
Level 4 - Black
Level 5 - Black
Level 6 - Black
Level 7 - Black
*Level 4 and above must not have underwear, sports bras or regular bra straps showing.
*If your dancer is not in proper dress code, they will have to sit out and watch the class and receive an incomplete for the class.